APS Staff Google login required
Aurora Public Schools Core Beliefs
We, as a community, believe:
- Every student has unique abilities that we must recognize and engage.
- A district with students at its center provides an adaptable and responsible foundation for learning.
- Student and staff safety is essential to our vision and mission.
- Students, families, staff and community members share the responsibility for student achievement.
- Student achievement and growth are driven by a highly-effective and respected staff working as a team.
- Students take an active and ongoing responsibility for their learning.
- Families are our partners in education.
- Community partnerships provide vital resources and opportunities for students and families.
- All students must have equitable access to learning opportunities, technology and environments that support them in reaching their full potential.
- Diversity is a strength in our community.
We believe that ALL students should receive equitable and appropriate instructional support since these students reflect our community. Therefore, it is our responsibility to educate all students and respect their cultural legacies and linguistic skills.
We are committed to promoting English language acquisition and ensuring academic achievement in inclusive schools that are culturally and linguistically diverse. This is accomplished through a strong collaborative process based on solid and current research, sustained through evaluation, reflection, and revision, to ensure growth for all students.
This website is maintained by Alexis Lauffenburger, CLDE Consultant. If you have questions or concerns regarding anything contained in this website, email Alexis at firstname.lastname@example.org
CLDE Master Plan (formerly known as ELA Master Plan)
APS CLDE Credential
As part of our commitment to providing equitable instruction for all students, we work to ground all teachers and service providers in our schools with culturally and linguistically responsive educational tools.