In Aurora Public Schools, our core beliefs include:
Students, families, staff and community members share the responsibility for student achievement.
APS Staff Google login required
In APS, CLDE Teacher Leaders are site-based and promote building-level leadership by providing professional development to teachers, act as model teachers of demonstration classrooms, and serve as advocates for identified English Language Learners (ELLs).
To grow as learners, leaders and advocates, CLDE Teacher Leaders have multiple opportunities to attend professional development. Through monthly meetings and weekly coaching with their CLDE Consultant, CLDE Teacher Leaders receive ongoing professional development to cultivate their own understandings and build teacher capacity within their buildings around:
- Identification, Assessment, and Placement of English Language Learners
- Instructional models and culturally relevant pedagogy for English Language Development and sheltered instruction
- Classroom environment and the Conditions of Learning
- Using the Teaching-Learning Cycle for the collection and evaluation of assessment data to drive planning and instruction
- Professional development and effective co-teaching and co-planning models
Teacher Leaders maintain on-going action plans in order to build reflective practice and guide their professional learning.